This high impact role offers you the opportunity to be involved with a wide variety of intriguing and often challenging project types for diverse clients, including multi-family, creative offices, hotels, restaurants,universities, industrial, entertainment, and more! Our unique and collaborative business model pairs a superintendent with a project manager on-site, so your successes will be visible. You’ll share ideas and insights with talented, inspired and motivated people in a unique culture, where we believe that the role of leadership is to create an environment in which people can be successful. Your performance in this position could set you up to advance your career, particularly as our company continues to grow.
McCormick Construction offers a full range of preconstruction and construction services. Our project teams maintain a strong foundation of trust and mutual respect built on positive relationships with clients, architects, designers, engineers, subcontractors, and suppliers.
To be a good fit for this opportunity you will have:
- Technical knowledge of building components and systems
- At least 15 years of relevant industry experience; 10+ years in a superintendent role is preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and a high degree of comfort selling our work
- An aptitude for mentoring and training
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required
- Experience with Procore & Microsoft Project software is preferred
- Experience with BIM is beneficial
- LEED Certification is preferred
Reporting to the general superintendent, you will run all field activities on a project, overseeing subcontractors, field personnel. You will share leadership responsibilities on each project with the project manager, including mentoring and development of project engineers and assistant project managers.
Your activities will include:
- Scheduling and coordinating people from different trades; depending on the project, this could be 200 to 500 people
- Performing detailed constructability analyses and parlaying findings into solutions
- Participating in the subcontractor buyout process and verifying the scope of what we are going to build and how we are going to build it
- Making sure permits and licenses are in place
- Coordinating inspections
- Maintaining efficient workflow in the field
- Manage and oversee all site safety considerations
- Perform quality control and quality assurance verifications
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter with “Superintendent” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form below.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
McCormick is an equal opportunity employer. McCormick is committed to providing a work environment free of harassment, discrimination, retaliation, and disrespectful or other unprofessional conduct based on sex, sex stereotype, race, religion, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation. It also prohibits discrimination, harassment, disrespectful or unprofessional conduct based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.