This position offers you the opportunity to ratchet up your career a notch at an industry leader. As a project engineer, you will contribute to a variety of project types for diverse clients, including multi-family, creative offices, hotels, restaurants, universities, industrial, entertainment, and more! In the process, you’ll work with—and learn from—talented, inspired and motivated people in a unique culture, where we believe that the role of leadership is to create an environment in which people can be successful. Your performance in this position could set you up to advance your career, particularly as our company continues to grow.
McCormick Construction offers a full range of preconstruction and construction services. Our project teams maintain a strong foundation of trust and mutual respect built on positive relationships with clients, architects, designers, engineers, subcontractors, and suppliers.
To be a good fit for this opportunity you will have:
- A bachelor’s degree preferably in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or other applicable background
- Up to four years of building construction experience; we also will consider college internship experience with similar companies in lieu of professional experience
- Knowledge of estimating, construction costs, scheduling, purchasing and engineering principles and techniques
- Experience with Procore & Microsoft Project software is preferred
- Experience with BIM is beneficial
- LEED Certification is preferred
Reporting to a project manager, your primary focus will be on maintaining open lines of communication among a project’s contractors, subcontractors, engineers and architects, via acquiring, processing and distributing documents, facilitating information flow, obtaining approvals, reviewing plans and contracts, and similar tasks. In time, you will develop and utilize the skills needed to create documents and write contracts.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Managing subcontractors
- Reviewing and processing RFIs and submittals
- Reviewing plans and specifications
- Processing change orders
- Obtaining information and approvals from owners, architects and engineers for the timely processing of shop drawings
- Managing project closeouts and securing all guarantees and warranties before handover of the work
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter with “Project Engineer” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form below.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
McCormick is an equal opportunity employer. McCormick is committed to providing a work environment free of harassment, discrimination, retaliation, and disrespectful or other unprofessional conduct based on sex, sex stereotype, race, religion, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation. It also prohibits discrimination, harassment, disrespectful or unprofessional conduct based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.