Assistant Project Manager
In this role you will have the opportunity to help shape your career goals at an industry-leading company and get the support you need to realize those goals. As assistant project manager, you will contribute to a variety of project types for diverse clients, including multi-family, creative office, hotels, restaurants, universities, industrial, entertainment, and more! In the process, you’ll work with—and learn from—talented, inspired and motivated people in a unique culture, where we believe that the role of leadership is to create an environment in which people can be successful. Your performance in this position could set you up to advance your career, particularly as our company continues to grow.
McCormick Construction offers a full range of preconstruction and construction services. Our project teams maintain a strong foundation of trust and mutual respect built on positive relationships with clients, architects, designers, engineers, subcontractors, and suppliers.
To be a good fit for this opportunity you will have:
- A bachelor’s degree preferably in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or other applicable background
- At least three years of commercial construction industry experience
- The ability to manage private, commercial and institutional projects
- Technical knowledge of building components and systems
- An understanding of the construction management process including estimating, budget control, scheduling, quality management, safety management, procurement and contract administration
- Knowledge of procedures (subcontracts, change orders, submittals, RFIs and close-out)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- An aptitude for mentoring and training
- Experience with BIM is beneficial
- LEED Certification is preferred
Your main responsibilities will revolve around managing relationships between and among McCormick personnel, subcontractors, owners and architects. In the process you’ll keep a keen eye on budget and schedules. On a typical project you may manage a staff of one to four.
In our unique business model, you will be involved in all stages from initial interviews to project completion. This assistant project manager role is broader than comparable roles at many other firms and may include estimating, chairing meetings, writing subcontracts and handling negotiations. You’ll leverage your business acumen in budgeting, reporting, risk management and marketing.
Your key activities will include:
- Assisting the project manager
- Helping manage profitability, staff development and client relations for positive results, in tandem with the project manager and superintendent
- Conducting constructability reviews, taking advantage of your problem-solving abilities
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter with “Assistant Project Manager” in the subject line to email@example.com or use the form below.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
McCormick is an equal opportunity employer. McCormick is committed to providing a work environment free of harassment, discrimination, retaliation, and disrespectful or other unprofessional conduct based on sex, sex stereotype, race, religion, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation. It also prohibits discrimination, harassment, disrespectful or unprofessional conduct based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.